Sunday, October 24, 2004

So. Cal Dream

Today is sunny and nice in Columbus. Blue sky, low humidity and in the 60's. Wow, what a contrast to the past 2 weeks! (The weather was so blah that it's not even worth mentioning.)

The nice sunny blue sky reminds me of So. Cal. So i went to check out the home prices there again. Of course, my enthusiasm was toned down substantially when i saw the home price went up by 22% in the L.A. area in the last 12 months. If we want to buy a home (say 1100 to 1500 sq. ft. house or condo) in a decent area now, expect at least $500k. And it seems a market adjustment is nowhere in sight.

But the house church at my house last night is still lighting up my candle of dream to be there sometime in the future. I dream of having fellowship with people from different parts of the world now living in close proximity...people that share similar struggles, culture and hopes. And i dream of having the same big window so my neighbors around us can see us fellowshipping, singing songs, sharing, and having fun together: same things that we have here, but transplanted into So. Cal. I don't know when or even whether it will come. Right now I can only say: let's keep on dreaming!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home